I’ve already tried a lot of Olay moisturizers: Oil of Olay, Age Protect, Total Effects (Normal, Gentle, and Blemish-prone), Regenerist Superstructure SPF 30, Natural White Night Cream, and Natural White SPF 24.
Age Protect is my favorite out of all of them. It’s straightforward and BS-free.
I found it when I was looking for the now discontinued Olay Total Effects for Blemish-Prone Skin.
When I found out the latter wasn’t available anymore, I looked for any other Olay moisturizer that has salicylic acid in the ingredients list.
I almost didn’t buy it because I haven’t heard about it from anywhere. I haven’t seen any reviews of this by a-list beauty bloggers. I don’t know if there was even a TVC for this product.
I am thankful for the seemingly inadequate advertising. I bet that’s one of the reasons why this is quite cheap at Php 129/ tube (available at Watsons).
I’ve already finished 3 tubes before I replaced it with what was on sale at the time: Olay Natural White Night Cream which I ended up just using as a body lotion.
I use Olay Age Protect at night. For daytime, I prefer something with SPF.
To be honest, I didn’t expect this to work the way it did.
Here’s what that I like about it:
- For a cream-type moisturizer it feels very light.
- It moisturizes my skin well (Note: I have oily skin).
- I don’t wake up looking like someone smeared oil on my face while sleeping.
- It sets fast and doesn’t give a sitting-on-top-of-the-skin feel.
- It’s affordable.
How I use it:
I apply around this much (see photo below).
As for the claims, I can’t say much about it lightening dark spots, visibly reducing wrinkles, and improving skin tone, because I’m also using retinoids and sunscreen.
But as far as moisturization goes, this does a good job.
- Scent: It smells a lot like baby soap.
- Packaging: Functional tube packaging.
- Absence of SPF: Since I use it at night, I’m ok with it having no SPF.
- If you’re oily and you decide to use this in the day time–you might find it too thick, but it’s nowhere near as greasy as other Olay moisturizers.
- I feel like this can be a dupe for Olay Total Effects for blemish-prone skin.
Olay Total Effects Blemish-Prone Ingredients:
Active ingredient: salicylic acid 2%.
Inactive ingredients: water, ppg-15 stearyl ether, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, cetyl betaine, distearyldimonium chloride, sodium lauryl sulfate, oxidized polyethylene, cetyl alcohol, steareth-21, behenyl alcohol, ppg-30, steareth-2, fragrance, disodium edta
Olay Age Protect Ingredients:
Water, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Dimethicone, C13-14 Isopaaffin, Steareth-21, Cyclopentasiloxane, Laureth-7, Fragrance, Dimethiconol, Steareth-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf juice.
As an evening moisturizer, what I intended it for, this is very good. It is among the list of moisturizers I re-purchase.